Chick Lit: Women on the Contemporary Female Social Experience. Lena Dunham, Felicia Day, Caitlin Moran, Lili Peloquin, P!nk, Regina Spektor, Jennifer Weiner, Jocelyn Davies. Presentation / image of women, men, relationships in books, music videos, media.
- On Being -> "A Second Wind in Life: Eve Ensler on Inhabiting the Body After Cancer - Eve Ensler has helped women all over the world tell the stories of their lives through the stories of their bodies." She wrote the Vagina Monologues.
- Maureen DOWD: A Lost Civilization - "... a stubborn refusal to adapt to a world where poor people and sick people and black people and brown people and FEMALE people and gay people count ..." Maize hazing and the ingrained fear of self extinction.
- Tic Tac Toe - Verpiss dich - THE INFERNO: (chorus therapy) singing in the rain or five easy pieces (water pisces). Mixed feelings of abandonment and RAGE. Men sometimes express that RAGE in violence alone rather than in 'song' together.
- Alice Deejay: Are You Better Off ALONE? - perhaps parable of an imperialist offer that can't be refused - sand-bagging a DESERT-ing guy by remote sensing --- probably less controversial than using a DRONE! Development of THE EASTERN AB AEROBIC WORKOUT.
- Blümchen - Nur Geträumt - NIRVANA on the beach and in the water. In German. Romantic, idealistic eco-girl meets dreamy eco-boy with Magic Mike chest and abs. Species saved ! Lebewesen gerettet !
- La Cream - Free - Kafkaesque symbolic vision of breaking the covalent bonds of society, one's PRESUMED PARENTS, and lovers / partners. Whether horseback or motorcycle riding, CONTROLLING THE STRADDLED SINEWS OF POWER.
- Real McCoy - Run Away - Escaping real or metaphorical dependencies. Compulsively trying to 'smooth' a wrinkled dress and an ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP. The end of AUTOMATIC ACQUIESCENCE --- pulling off fake fingernails.
- Rihanna: Only Girl (In The World) - unrealistic image at 2:50. Reminiscent of Juliet of the Spirits. THE ONLY ONE v. alleged male desire for EVERY ONE. Are balloons like those in THE PRISONER to prevent #6's escaping back to the 'real world'.
- Velvet - Rock Down to Electric Avenue - on the runway - the hypnotic, seductively addictive, near-convulsive ELECTROshock therapy of the superficial beauty, fashion business - perhaps, a hidden dependency. The ever-fleeting CHIMERA OF PERFECT BEAUTY.
- Felicia Day + The Guild: I'm the One That's Cool!!! - a response to the social pressure of being like everyone else - celebrating the INNER GEEK
- P!nk - The Truth About Love (Official Lyric Video) - "... and the truth about love is it's all a lie I thought you were the one and I hate goodbyes ..."
- P!nk - Slut Like You (The Truth About Love) - Slut is a pejorative that slings guilt onto women for using their sexuality in the same manner as many men. Here the word empowers women without the concomitant intimidation.
- CAL FOLGER DAY: "A guitarist and chanteuse with jazz leanings, whose vocal control and stage presence command attention." (The New Yorker) A gift to New York!
- Natalie Batalha, astronomer at NASA Ames Research Center: Exoplanets and Love -> On Science That Connects Us to One Another - listen to the unedited interview or read transcript. Discovery = Ecstasy.
- LENA DUNHAM - Your First Time - CONSERVATIVE OUTRAGE over this insightful campaign video and ad hominem ATTACKS against DUNHAM herself MANIFEST an OBSESSION with SEX and a DESIRE to REPRESSIVELY 'CONTROL' WOMEN.
This isn't YOUR FATHER's election!
- Chick Lit: Women on the Contemporary Female Social Experience. Lena Dunham, Felicia Day, Caitlin Moran, Lili Peloquin, P!nk, Regina Spektor, Jennifer Weiner, Jocelyn Davies. Presentation / image of women, men, relationships in books, music videos, media.
- Chick Lit: Women on the Contemporary Female Social Experience. Lena Dunham, Felicia Day, Caitlin Moran, Lili Peloquin, P!ink, Regina Spektor, Jennifer Weiner, Jocelyn Davies. The presentation / image of women, men, and their relationships in books, videos, and other media.